JDI is committed to ensuring that survivors' first-hand experiences are heard. If you have been sexually abused while in custody, JDI invites you to submit your account to us, for possible inclusion on our website. Whether we are able to post your story or not, you will hear back from us as soon as we have received your letter.
You can provide as much or as little detail as you want. While we believe that including your name will make your account more powerful, we will post your story anonymously if you prefer.
Please keep to the following guidelines:
1. Specify whether you would like for us to include your name, or if you want your account to be anonymous.
2. If you permit us to use your name and you would like a photo of yourself to be included, please provide us with a picture (or tell us how we can get one).
3. The account must be your own story, not what you have seen/heard is happening to others.
4. Please do not include your contact information or pleas for legal or other forms of direct assistance. This portion of your account will not be posted.
5. Submissions may be edited for length, comprehension, and readability. Please note that names of individuals, other than your own, will be removed.
Once you have prepared your story, please email it to email@example.com or send it to us at:
Just Detention International
3325 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 340
Los Angeles, CA 90010