Program Assistant - Los Angeles Office
Just Detention International (JDI), an international health and human rights organization that seeks to end sexual violence in all forms of detention, is hiring a Program Assistant for its office in Los Angeles, CA. JDI works to hold government officials accountable for prisoner rape; to change ill-informed public attitudes about sexual violence behind bars; and to ensure that those who have survived such abuse get the help they need.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing research and program assistance to staff in JDI's Los Angeles and Washington, D.C., offices.
- Providing administrative support to staff, including preparing timesheets and expense reports, coordinating training sessions and meetings, and making travel arrangements.
- Supporting communication with prisoner rape survivors, maintaining JDI's survivor database, and updating JDI's survivor resource guide.
- As a member of the JDI team, participating in regular office activities, such as mailings
and communications efforts.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate work or educational experience.
- Experience at a rape crisis center/certification as a rape crisis counselor highly desirable.
- Previous administrative and research experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Commitment to protecting the human rights of all people and being comfortable discussing sexual violence issues.
- Strong word processing and internet research skills.
- Spanish language skills highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
JDI offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, and generous paid vacation. JDI is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, former prisoners, and LGBT candidates are encouraged to apply.